Monday, March 15, 2010

Its 5:25 am and I still can't sleep. Stayed up late once again but finally completed a book I was reading.... a book about Marilyn Manson called "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell". I'm not a fan of Manson's, but I have always been curious as to what he is all about. Its quite interesting to hear him tear apart some of the rumours and accusations against him. Although I do feel as though a lot of his actions are for attention-grabbing purposes only, his intelligence always backs it up. He is a self-professed Satanist and is an active member of the Church of Satan which comes off sounding treacherous, but is more about worshipping yourself instead of a god. I know I am definitely set in my ways about my thoughts and feelings towards "my" religion of Christianity so this book has just opened my eyes on acceptance and believing in people for who they are. Besides, a big part of Christianity is loving your enemies and forgiving those who trespass against you, so it was quite shocking to see some of the letters that churches over North America have said about Manson in the letters he has included in the book. They sure dont sound too forgiving and loving to me. Which is sad, because its only emphasizing the points that the Church of Satan make against Christianity. If you are going to talk the talk, you need to walk the walk, and that is where Christianity can hit a wall.

Final Review: If you are looking for a drug abusing, rock star life, this is not your book and I would suggest "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Keidis of Red Hot Chili Peppers (that book changed my life and my views on alcohol and drug abuse) If you are a Manson fan and are interested in the development of his band and the multiple members, you will appreciate it. 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment