Sunday, May 16, 2010

Say what you need to say, man!

Well I just recently made it back from a funeral in Saskatchewan. My grandpa's little brother Henry sadly left us all. He was a pretty cool dude and seeing his family and friends speak about him at his funeral was pretty touching. I hope he was there among us to hear what everybody had to say about him. Its strange how we all have so much to say about a person after its too late and never really get a chance to let them know how we feel before they're gone. I heard this story about a guy that was given only weeks to live, so they had a "live funeral" where everybody came to say whatever they wanted to him and visit and enjoy lunch, etc. At first I thought it was crazy but now the idea makes total sense to me. I personally, could never do it. Id be blubbering like a baby the ENTIRE day. I guess what I learned from this is that life is too short to live with regrets of not telling somebody how you feel. Let people know what they mean to you and never leave ends untied because you just never know when your candle will be extinguished. Just like John Mayer says "Its better to say too much, then to never say what you need to say again"

No comments:

Post a Comment