Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 2 & 3

So I can honestly say this has not been difficult!

So Day 2 was yesterday and for breakfast I used the left over buckwheat from Day 1 supper and cut up fresh strawberries, then added slivered almonds, a few sprinkles of cinnamon and a little squirt of Agave nectar. I was firstly introduced to Agave through a different type of liquid we like to call TEQUILA! As I was putting it on I wished it was tequila... just kidding.. it was totally before noon... thats a crime. Anyways, this was SO GOOD. Definitely the right way to do buckwheat.

Then I cut up a bunch of vegetables and cooked up some quinoa and was taking it to work with me to have a healthy lunch. Well, to ZERO surprise, I got yapping my face off and next thing you know, It was 6:30 and I had to go to volleyball! Im really trying to stop skipping meals but it is just a terrible habit that I have so I guess like any bad habit, it will take time to break. Drank tons of water at volleyball and stopped in at the college snack shop between games and got a cup of fruit.

After volleyball, I came home, cooked up some more quinoa and added sauteed chopped onion, garlic, tomato and green peppers. Not sure if I am allowed soya sauce, so I added just one of those little packets and mixed it in. It was also SO GOOD!!

Quinoa is a interesting seed... its so hard to explain. I know that it is from South America and is closely related to species such as beets, spinach, and tumbleweeds. Well thats what Wikipedia says but we all know that can be a load of garbage so who knows. I love it but Im not gonna lie.. sometimes I wonder if Im going to pick up some weird disease by eating it lol

Throughout the days Im drinking water, plain tea and snacking on plain almonds and walnut halves.

Today (Day 3) I made the same buckwheat/cinnamon/strawberry/almond for breakfast and loved it. May have found a staple for my lifetime! For my new thing today I cooked up chickpeas from the BAG and not the can. Never had done this before. I soaked them overnight, then this morning I brought them to a boil and then let them simmer with a teaspoon of vegetable stock. I brought them along with me with a container of fresh pinaepple and after I destroyed the pineapple, I put a solid dent in the chickpeas. I loved those as well! For lunch I had a small salad because I was full off all the chickpeas! Then for supper I had wild rice with strirfried onions, mushrooms, brocolli and almonds. Sounds good but it wasnt because I think the brocolli was going bad. Anyways I choked it down and now for a little snack I am roasting what I didnt eat of the chickpeas. Inspired by a recipe on Karis blog, I tossed them with some S & P and Franks hot sauce. I will let you know how they turn out!

For exercise, I am just walking and doing yoga at home, and then had volleyball last night. Went for 2 walks today out on the Birchwood trails with some friends and then the boyfriends little mutt. Shes a good walking partner because she is having so much fun that it makes you want to stay out longer and keeps your mind off anything that would be distracting! Her friggin cute little face doesnt hurt either.

Im feeling great, other than a dull headache that came on last night before bed... it lasted til this aft but has seemed to go away now. I feel surprisingly energetic.. actually wanting to go out for two walks today and do my yoga where usually I can barely make myself do it, if at all. Woke up in a good mood and got lots of things done, including tackling the taxes (which God knows how sucky that is!) Feeling great and looking forward to the rest of this little project.
Talk soon!

I also added some pics from my walk this afternoon! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment